- Is Winforms / WPF supported?
No, the viewer works for Asp.Net only, supports .NET Framework 4.0 and above.
- Does it work with Asp.Net MVC / Razor?
Yes, it does.
- Does it work with Asp.Net Webforms?
Yes, it does.
- Does it work with .net core?
Yes, it does. Search add-on is currently not supported.
- Does it work with SharePoint?
Yes, it does.
- Can I view documents from mobile?
Yes, but please note that you can do this via a mobile browser, not as a native app.
- Which devices & browsers are supported?
IE 8.0 and above. Rest all modern desktop and mobile browsers. However we do encourage
to check our online demo links from your set of required devices & browsers.
- Which file formats are supported?
Here is a full list. You can also try it live.
- Do I need office or any other software on server / client?
No, you will not need to install anything on server or client side.
- Are open office formats supported?
Yes, ODT, ODS and ODP.
- Do you allow license upgrading?
Yes, you can upgrade your license or add add-ons at any later date.
- Does Professional license work from subdomains?
Yes, it does. However once issued you can't transfer license to another domain.
- How do Enterprise and Distribution license differ?
Enterprise license can't be distributed or used outside your company.
The domains where it is used should be owned by your company.
Distribution license can be used within your website/product that are distributed to
multiple clients. For more details please refer the Buy Now page.
- Does the license expire?
No, All licenses are perpetual. You can continue using the software even after the
free upgrades period expires.
- How many developers and end users are allowed?
We have kept our licensing model very simple. The license does not limit
how many developers or end users can use the control at design-time or run-time.
- If I buy Professional license will it work on my test/staging server?
Yes, it will but in watermark mode.
- Can I get a license issued to an IP or a PC name?
Yes, you can.
- I can buy a license just for .DOC or .PDF?
No, we do not offer license based on file formats.
- Is the plugin fee paid yearly?
No, annotation, search, dicom etc are one time fees. And are same for every
- Can I view files from intranet or an ip address?
Yes, you can.
- Does it support Azure / WebGarden / WebFarms?
Yes, The control does support WebGarden / WebFarms or Load balance scenarios.
We do provide a sample page demonstrating this scenario.
Another solution is to move the viewer specific code to a "single" process web application.
And use it as iframe inside your main page.
- I am not sure of my production domain name?
We will issue a temporary license to you, till you decide your final domain name.
- Can I view file from stream/binary/database?
Yes, you can view from a physical path, stream or from an url.
- Do my files go out? Are there any callback to your servers?
No, your files / information are secured inside your premises and there are no calls
are made to our servers at any point.
- Can I edit files and save them back?
No, our product is a viewer. However you can add annotation and save them to PDF.
- Which languages are supported in search?
Dutch, English, French , German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish.
- What support & updates do I get?
We provide email support (24 hours turn-around time) and free product updates for 1 year.
You can however extend this. We do not provide phone or priority support.
- Are there samples and documentation?
Yes, there are many samples to get you started and a detailed pdf manual.
File Format Specific
- Are animations, embedded videos supported for PowerPoint files?
- Can I fill PDF Forms?
- Are 3D objects supported for CAD?
- Are Excel 95 files supported?
- Do you offer any re-seller or partner/affiliate program?
- Do you offer discounts or special pricing for non-profit organizations?
- I have few questions, can you call me urgently or skype?
No. Please email us your questions.
- How can I increase the viewing speed?
You can change the ImageResolution to lower values (150, 100 or less; default is 200).
There is a trade off between quality and speed. You can set AutoLoadPages to true,
then the control will load pages beforehand. Another option for frequently viewed files,
is to export them to .DCN (see viewer.aspx sample) and then view the .DCN instead
of the original file.
- How can I decrease memory usage?
Please refer AutoClose and TimeOut properties of the control as mentioned in PDF manual.
- I am not able to view documents
Please make sure you have kept the license file in "bin" folder. Next set the DebugMode
property to true and then reload your page.
- Dicom file does not open
Please make sure the plug-in DLLs are present in bin folder. Then change the IIS application
pool settings to allow 32 bit applications. Also VC++ Redist should be installed on server.
- Does it work with Telerik and other UI Suites?
Yes it does, please refer our Ajax Document Viewer sample to get tips.